Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 29 & 30 (30 Days of Disney)" The kitchen sink"

Hello all of my bloggy friends. Today is a 2 page layout and, I am trying something new. I have seen many wonderful crafters make their pages into a themed setting. Sooo, I decided to give it a try, and make it look like the soda shop. I was going to post the first page yesterday, but decided that they would be better shown together. This layout is about the trip we took to the Beaches and Cream Soda Shop and the "Kitchen Sink Sundae" that we bought.The Soda shop is located on the boardwalk at Disneyworld.
The Kitchen Sink Sundae is served in a sink-shaped bowl (tureen?). In the Sink are several flavors of ice cream, several flavors of sauce, bananas, cherries, sprinkles, nuts (you can get it without the nuts), lots of candy bars, brownies, cake pieces, probably a whole bunch of stuff I'm forgetting, and an entire can of cream topping. ( in other words everything but the kitchen sink hehe)

There were 7 of us all together trying to eat this goliath of a sundae. If you ever go ... you have got to stop by and get one! Before they serve it to you... flashing lights go off and the waitress comes carrying this to your table, explaining to everyone in the room what  is in it. It is hilarious :)
It took us all a while but we finally got that thing eaten. Also if you like cheesecake brownies then you have got to stop by the boardwalk bakery.(they are the best there is!!) Can you tell I went on a diet today lol.
I am also entering this in the following challenges:
M is for men....
heating it up...
Thanks so much for stopping by,
Hope you liked it
Robin

5 comments:

kristyscraps said...

I love the picture you painted in your layout! And, I will now add this to my "must-do" list when we go on our trip to Disneyworld! I am even going into the other room now to read your post to my 3 boys--they will love it! Great job!

Denise-Scrapmouse said...

Cute layout! Wonderful use of the soda shop theme to go with the Kitchen Sink dessert.

Also thanks for sharing your 30 days of Disney with us. I've enjoyed your layouts and you've provided me with a few ideas to incorporate in my Disney layouts. I'm still working on my 2007 pictures so I have a lot to do too. Thanks and take care.

papertrails leaver said...

What a great two page layout! Looks lie you had a yummy time! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations! :). Amy

Gloria said...

Love love love your layout:)

Angie said...

That looks sooo yummy and so does the ice cream!!