Sunday, October 2, 2011

Simply Betty and a challenge...

Hello everyone, I saw something today that broke my heart.  Betty and her son are going through some really tough times right now. They found out that he has throat cancer..you can read about it here
at her Simply Betty Blog....
   I have 3 children of my own and cannot even begin to imagine the trials that they are going through right now. She has released her Fall digis early and marked them down from the original prices, so that she can use that money to offset the costs that she is going to have after the insurance pays their part. As we all know even after insurance pays, you are left with a TON of bills. Doctors don't come cheap, especially doctors that specialize in a certain area of medicine.


I have never used digis before, but
I have seen them used by many people and think that they are just adorable. I had thought about trying them out when I could afford some copics or was able to find some prismacolor pencils. (That is what I have seen the majority of crafters using), but after seeing Betty's dilemma I decided what better time than now to purchase some digis. And, let me tell you she has some awesome ones to offer, even in the stamp variety too. I saw this digi and it made me smile. It reminded me of when I was a child and my children were little sticking their tongues out to catch the snow. LOL So, I just had to get this one. I just used the markers and pens I had on hand, because I wanted to get this up so that I could spread the word for Betty. I also bought several more of the fall ones. I will try to post them up this week also.
I know this is a long post, but I am almost done I promise lol.I'm going to enter this into a few challenges
 I figured the more places I can enter this  the more traffic Betty will get.
1. Robyn over at My Pink Stamper is having a Christmas challenge 
2.Scrapalicious USA ---Anything goes 
3.Whimsical Wednesdays ---Anything goes
Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out Betty's awesome stamps. Also you may want to get the kleenex if your anything like me.
(:(:Smiles:):)

Robin

5 comments:

Jessica Buffa said...

Hi Robin, your card is magnificent! I love the embossing and your use of Stickles!!!
:O)
Jessica

Missy said...

This is so cute, all of your embossing looks fantastic!! Thanks for joining Robyn's My Pink Stamper Christmas Card Challenge!!

DIANA L. said...

So cute love everything about this card.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Karen said...

This is absolutely beautiful. :o) The embossing, colors, sparkles, sentiment, and *everything* are just fantastic... and I love your inspiration behind this. Heartache within the crafty world impacts me, too. I'm sure she appreciates your thoughts and prayers! Thank you for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays! :o)

Hugs and blessings!

Unknown said...

This is so cute and so pretty. That is so sweet of you to help Betty and her son. I'm saying a prayer that this family feels the comfort of our Lord.

OOO's...Tracy :)