Sunday, November 4, 2012

"Independent" layout

          Hello everyone and a good Sunday morning to you :)

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful day, and that everyone on the East coast is getting the help that they need. My heart goes out to all those that have had to endure the path of Sandy.  I live in the Eastern part of the U.S. and feel very fortunate to live far enough away that we only had high winds and rain.

I have a layout to share with you today.

It is the layout teams turn this week at Red Carpet Studios, and our challenge was to make a CAS layout...Clean And Simple. Now, I'm not one to go over the top with embellishments, but I do like to add several things to my layouts or I feel like they are missing something :)  

So I decided to go with a big picture...what better way to keep me from adding all those little extras, than to fill the page up with a picture hehe. This is a picture of my little boy when he was about 3 as you can tell by the side of the layout :D I tried to go very simple with this , so I only added 2 thing to this layout.  The 3's  border on the left side of the layout and the memories title on the bottom. (Both of these cutouts came from the Graphically speaking cartridge:)

I added a double border to them but it isn't showing up very well in this photo. If you have any tips on taking photos of 12x12 layouts, or anything else...I am an awful photographer... please share with me :)

Now on to the goodies ..... Our sponser this week is
The Paper Parade - http://www.thepaperparade.com/
and they are giving away a  $25 gift certificate
to the lucky winner this week
The only rules are  to Create a layout CAS (clean and simple) style, meaning not a lot of details, embellishments, etc.
What better way to get some of those pictures you have stashed away ( and you know you have them hehe especially if your like me :D) done quick and simple. You don't have to worry about what embellishments you are going to add or all of that other stuff . Just pick out a picture or two add a couple of embellishments or none at all and voila! your done.
 
I hope to see your entry over at RCS. I always look forward to seeing all the amazing talent that is out here in blogland :)
 
Have a great day my friends
(:(:Smiles:):)
 
Robin

3 comments:

Maria Matter said...

what a handsome young man!!! beautiful CAS LO Robin!
hugs & blessings!

Rhonda Emery said...

very cute layout. hugs

Yoshiras time to craft said...

Cute LO.Indeed the more space the more we want to add.