Sunday, March 17, 2013

Senior pic

Hi and welcome! I'm glad you stopped by :)

      We have a challenge starting today at Red Carpet Studio and it is one that I am sure most of us can relate to if your anything like me that is hehe.

     Our challenge is  Inspired by film reels... use ribbon on your layout, now I am totally addicted to ribbon. I can't seem to go to the craft store without buying some kind of ribbon! So, this challenge was right up my alley :-D I decided to finally scrap one of my daughter's senior pictures from last year. I loved the picture and decided to bring the colors from it onto my page.


      I  am not totally happy with my layout but it's close to what I wanted. I wanted to tweak it a little, especially the ribbon on the bottom. Not quite liking the way it looks crinkled up on the end and where it comes off the orange paper :( but, life kinda got in the way and I didn't get to re-do the parts I didn't like. That happens sometimes and I guess I need to stop being such a hard critic on myself LOL.


    I did however like the little flowers that I made out of the ribbon that I used on the bottom :) I have never made those before , but thought they turned out pretty well for my first time! I used several different things on this layout. I used some TH ink and the dream ticket ,  the We are Memory keepers Deco and Stub punch, liquid pearls and perfect pearls.



   Our sponser this week is  LoveBug Creations - http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com/
 and they are offering the winner their choice of 12 yard set of ribbon


 You have until the 24th to link up your creation to win this awesome prize! Head on over to RCS and show us your fabulous layout with ribbon. Such an easy challenge and you could win my favorite embellishment RIBBON hehe. I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

 
Have a great day!
(:(:Smiles:):)
 
Robin

1 comment:

Luisa said...

Lovely layout Robin. I specially like the flower cluster.
Don't worry about the ribbon at the bottom. It's your creation and it's beautiful.
Thanks for your kind comments in my grammy post...
Hugs